Monday, April 20, 2015

Hereford SAE Visit!


Christine's Steer
One of the first times that I met Christine I saw her sporting a black jacket with the letters on the back reading “NJHA” and I knew that she and I had a connection.  Christine is a member of the National Junior Hereford Association as well as the Pennsylvania Junior Hereford Association, just like I was for eight years.  Christine’s love for the red-brown colored body and brilliant white face, belly and legs of the Hereford cattle, has made her a fantastic advocate for both the cattle and agriculture industries. 
 
Christine showing at the Farm Show


Upon my first SAE (Supervised Agriculture Experience) visit with her I learned that Christine has a small barn in her back yard where she and her sister have their small herd of less than 
ten cows.  However, even with a small herd they have more than enough to gain experience and learn the responsibility that goes into caring for livestock.  Christine has been exhibiting animals throughout Pennsylvania for at least three years and she is excited to continue going to the National Junior Hereford Exhibitions. 
 
I am thrilled to learn about her love for cattle and she shared with me that as she furthers her education, she definitely wants it to revolve around agriculture!

Christine's sister's newborn calf - Too precious not to share!



No comments:

Post a Comment